Insulator Cleaner and Protector
Cleaner-wax combination removes surface contaminants while leaving behind a durable coating of weather protection.
- Cleans as it protects, improving dielectric strength
- Ideal for tighter budgets and fast turnaround jobs
- Helps prevent dangerous and costly flashovers
- Minimum order 1 case (6-half gallon containers)
Contact Collinite directly for quotes and order information
This one-step maintenance product enables crews to quickly clean AND protect in one easy operation. The No. 240 loosens film and contaminants on high voltage porcelain surfaces while leaving behind a high luster finish. The result is a protective coating that increases dielectric strength and reduces the occurrence of costly flashovers or malfunction due to weathering or neglect. Contains both cleaners and waxes. Handcrafted and hand-poured in the USA.
Shake well before using. Surface should feel lukewarm to the touch. Apply THIN amount of No. 240 to small section at a time with clean, dry applicator pad. Rub well to loosen all tarnish, debris, oxidation etc. Reapply as necessary until surface is free of embedded contaminants. Before product dries, polish off with dry cloth or soft cotton towel until a high luster is produced. For added durability on cleaned surface, follow up with one of Collinite’s last step waxes (845, S-238).
- Tarnished or unclean bushings and porcelain surfaces of high voltage line insulators
- Electrical/industrial/substation power maintenance use only
Request SDS here