Medium Cutting Compound
Medium Cutting Compound
Faster cut & better finish at an unbeatable value
First step compound for moderate oxidation and staining leaves a high gloss, wax ready shine.
- Removes mild-moderate oxidation
- Removes black streaks
- Removes tough stains a wash will not
- For Hand, DA and Rotary Use
- Leaves a clean, smooth surface for follow up wax
- Provides UV/Weather Protection
- Removes Heavy/Aged Oxidation
- Suitable for clear coat defects
The ideal pre-wax item, No.920 cuts fast and finishes smooth-removing film, mild-moderate UV oxidation/chalkiness, discoloration, and tough stains from fiberglass. Easy-to-use compound restores original color and gloss to facilitate the easy application of Collinite’s last step waxes; improving wax bond, spread/coverage and durability.
Application By Hand
• Place a nickel sized amount of product on an applicator pad.
• Rub in well over a section no bigger than a 2×2 ft. Use firm pressure and rub until just before product starts to dry. Buff off with a microfiber towel to reveal a crisper, darker and more reflective finish.
Application By Machine
• Place 5 small pea size dots onto buffing pad. Do not over saturate pad. Only a small amount of product is needed.
• Place pad on panel and turn on buffer to 5800 pm. Make 2-3 section passes with firm pressure no larger than a 2×2 ft section. Lower machine speed to 4800 opm and make an additional 2-3 passes with less pressure. Buff until just before product dries. Never dry buff.
• Wipe off product residue from panel to reveal a clean, glossy, beautiful finish.
- Available in 16 fl oz and 64 fl oz
- Average Spread/Coverage: 250-500 sq feet
No.920 Fiberglass Boat Cleaner is a medium cut, economically designed compound best suited for the removal of gel coat staining, mild-moderate oxidation and other surface imperfections that can be commonly remedied by hand use.
No. 631 Fleetcut’s versatility combines the cut of a compound with the finish of a polish. Designed for machine use (rotary for cutting, DA for polishing) No. 631 utilizes advanced abrasives specifically engineered to remove moderate-heavy defects; oxidation, minor scratches, swirls, stains and compound haze while leaving behind a professional, mirror finish.
920 should be used if any of the following conditions are present on the fiberglass: oxidation, streaks, discoloration, severe stains or water spots. If the boat is brand new and in pristine condition, 925 or 885 can be applied immediately.
920 can act as both. It is a cleaner that will remove stubborn stains, water spots and discoloration. It also has the properties of a medium compound that will remove moderate oxidation while restoring the fiberglass finish to its original gloss and color.